Congratulations on joining IEEE. You have made an excellent choice that will benefit you throughout your entire life and career. As a member of IEEE and a member of the University of Minnesota- Twin Cities you have the opportunity to associate yourself as a member of the IEEE Student Branch. To do so simply follow these steps.
- Take note of your IEEE membership number and status. You will need a copy of your registration/renewal email or your current membership card with your IEEE membership number as proof that you are a current IEEE member.
- Bring this proof to the IEEE student lounge in Keller Hall Room 2-110 and speak with an officer. You can find available times on the Calendar or Contact Us to set up a time.
- Read and understand the University of Minnesota- Twin Cities IEEE Student Branch member rules and regulations. Violation of these rules may lead to suspension or revocation of student branch membership.
- Get your door access and a rundown of accessing other benefits. Make sure to bring your U-Card when you come to register so we can get you door access posthaste.
- Enjoy and welcome to the U of M IEEE Student Branch!
Now that you are a member and have door access you should make sure to take advantage of your benefits and experiences. You can do this by
- Networking, studying, and working with other students in the IEEE student lounge
- Getting involved with our branch through committees, tutorials, and meetings
- Learning about and joining other U of M IEEE groups including our sibling groups Women in Engineering (WIE) and the IEEE honor society IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu (HKN)
- Participating in the wider IEEE community such as the IEEE Twin Cities section and attending the many events they hold